Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Inspiration

Although I rarely (drive steamboats dad....for my Mitch Hedberg fans) sit in front of a computer at home, I've dabbled in the blog-following world for well over a year now. I surprising have found many new interest, opinions, ideas, menus (of the gluten-free nature) through the minds of unknown folks that live an unthinkable distance away. I have always had this little 'itch' to start my own blog. I've failed to 'scratch' because I'm not funny, don't live an overly interesting life, enjoy cooking only if it's spaghetti, not good at spelling and even worse at punctuation. Regardless, here I am. I've made it. My inspiration is two-fold. On April 21st, 2011 Grant proposed to me after 4.5 years of getting to know each other, searching each other and discovering things about each other and ourselves. We have set a date of March 17th, 2012 in the small town of Rimini for our marriage. Although I will becoming Rebecca Gillespie in less than 9 months, I will never forget who I was and who I am, I will never really lose the 'Long' name and everything that brings with it. The other inspiration is my (as well as G's, luckily) passion for traveling. I think knowledge is power and so often we limit ourselves to books, education materials to gain knowledge. Traveling has allowed me to grow as a person, learn other cultures, gain respect for different lifestyles, and understand the beauty this world has to offer. I will posting the specifics of trips that I go on in order to have a reference of experiences, restaurants, bars, wineries, tourist sites, and so on that I found to be worth documenting to share with others. That being said, this blog is dedicated to my 'journeys' in life both literally and figuratively. Enjoy. And if you don't, remember this is for me as much as it is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment